Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Party Time!...

Incidentally, just as my family's birthdays seem to all fall during the same months, so do my husband's family birthdays...what a strange coincidence, eh?... So here's the first of the cards coming down the assembly line for the next birthday barrage...

I used Laura's Sketch 21 for the layout. The card is made entirely from scraps, but unfortunately that never seems to make a dent in the remaining mountain. I have been congratulating myself, however, on maintaining the self-discipline to NOT cut down any new papers! ;) Ah, paper is my weakness...

You see I've used White Paisley Kraft paper for the background, with the scalloped flowers cut from a 2-sided cardstock by American Crafts. Really couldn't tell ya on the sentiment, though... We'll just say it's from the heart! ;)

New Rubber is the Heart Tree from Stampabilities.

Hugs and smiles all,
--Kathryn

7 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful!! I love the look of the Kraft paper in the background...it really helps the rest of the elements pop. Great job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Good job using your scraps. I wish I had as much will power as you:)
    Thanks for playing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, especially the heart tree, it's so cute. I was just reading the things that make you happy, what a great list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tree. Very happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I have that same paper and could never got to use it right. You did a great job with it!!!! Great great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi what a great blog you have, I love your projects they are totally beautiful and lots of fun too.
    Thank you for entering my blog candy .....good luck
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails