Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DCM "Prints Charming"




The DCM challenge this week was to use 3 different patterned papers; if possible from different companies. I already had out the Mind's Eye Brown Floral paper and WeR Memory Keepers Boho Chic Whimsy Wild from the last card I made this morning... but the third paper was hard to decide on. I finally found a strip of paper (origin: scrap drawer...can't tell much more than that!) with colored sentiments all over it, so I cut this one out and Voila!


Since patterned papers are perhaps my favorite items in the craft arsenal...(is it sad that when I don't feel well I like looking through my paper to cheer up?!), I just couldn't pass this one up...so I also decided to try making the layout work without any images, for extra challenge.


As always, I love to leave some paper showing--not only for its own beauty but also because it feels like I'm getting a little extra 'bang for my buck', if you know what I mean...even on sale 8/$1.00 it's still nice to get as much out of each sheet as you can! :)


Have a happy afternoon,

--Kathryn

8 comments:

  1. You’ve done a fantastic job with your card Kathryn.

    I really done think there was a need for an image……. the paper was bold enough on its own and besides, it would have covered up some of that gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve done a fantastic job with your card Kathryn.

    I really done think there was a need for an image……. the paper was bold enough on its own and besides, it would have covered up some of that gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is gorgeous. I love the flowers peeking over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I absoluetly love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kathryn, love the papers. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fab Kathryn, love the papers and the way you have place the flowers. Gorgeous!

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathryn
    if you send me your email I can add you to the stamparound blog

    thanks Emma
    p.s my email is in my profile

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails