Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dream Big, Believe - CAS - MUSE #163 and CASology #195

This is a quick CAS card inspired by this week's Muse #163, Jenni Murray.
Her card utilizes a lot of white space and a big, bold, typographically interesting sentiment
that takes center stage.  She used a metallic multi-layered chrysanthemum flower to the left
in mid-range pink colors.
 
Here is my take on the sketch. 
 
 
My card measures 5 1/4" square.
I did a double-white mat layer for extra texture and dimension,
then stitched some incomplete straight lines without thread using my Viking, which is always at my side and ready for anything. :)
As a lover of typography, the large sentiment appealed to me and I thought this
could make a good motivational card for many young people I know who are either graduating or just starting out on into the great unknown.
 
The crystal sprinkles on the blossom really REALLY remind me of sugar.  DE-LICIOUS.
The boys and I really love baking together and of course every muffin is better with some coarse sugar on top, right?  As a matter of fact, I think I might need to go set out some butter to soften.
There's got to be SOMEBODY who needs some home-baked goodness today or tomorrow...
Anyway, with all those Sprinkly thoughts
I'm also entering this one into the CASology Challenge #195.  You guessed it, SPRINKLES.
 
 
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink}
Ribbon {Robert Stanley}
Crystal-crusted flower {Recollections}
Sentiment Stickers {Stick-abilities by TPS}
 
 
 
Well the boys' play break is over (they were playing cave creatures, as we've been studying land formations after our recent rock-cycle unit), so we have a bit more schooling to get through (a fraction food lesson...mwah hahaha!) and then I'll be back with a couple more cards that I had a GREAT time creating last night, as well as my spring cleanout giveaway.
 
Be well and enjoy the sunshine!
--Kathryn
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love this!... and thoroughly enjoyed your blog posting but now you have my mouth watering for some coffee and cake !:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!... and thoroughly enjoyed your blog posting but now you have my mouth watering for some coffee and cake !:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant - that ribbon really makes your flower pop! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those crystal sprinkles on the flower do remind me of sugar! (Now I'm hungry for some sugar cookies!) I love the crisp white card base and white bow behind that pretty flower and bold sentiment. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on Jenni's Muse card - I love that sparkly flower! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails